Friday, May 21, 2010

How to improve speed reading?


Yesterday, in building 11 senate room we had a speed reading class. I am not a native speaker, so my reading in English is slow, but yesterday I found out how to improve my speed when I am reading. The man that talked about speed reading was an English teacher his last name is Sandin. First he told us to do time reading for one minute and then count how many lines and approximately how many words in each line, and then multiply number of lines to number of words my result was twenty four lines and eleven words in each line, so my reading was two hundred sixty four words per minute. Then he told taught how to do a push drill. It means that you have to push your reading and try to read as fast as you can. He showed us how to read a page in ten seconds and then tell your partner what you remembered from reading. I thought it was crazy, but then I realized that it really works and helps you a lot. After push drill my score was three hundred seventy four words per minute. Thanks to him for showing us how to improve our speed when we read. I think that was helpful for all that came there.

1 comment:

  1. IT is really great. You have improved speed reading a lot. When we read something fast, it is really hard to remember information. You are not a Native American, but you read really, really fast.

    ReplyDelete